As Dr.Nupur Talwar and Dr.Rajesh Talwar walked free from Dasna jail last evening, this image emerged on my timeline, on the Internet and on TV.
It told me so many stories about Life…it showcased…
- How inscrutable Life really is
- The unfairness and injustice meted out to this couple, their daughter Aarushi and their help Hemraj
- How to stay strong, find strength in a storm and go through Life with reflection, resilience and resourcefulness
- How to serve selflessly, how to be useful no matter how grave the circumstances are – the dentist couple refused fees for dental care that they had provided to inmates of Dasna
- The unflinching support that Rajesh’s older brother Dinesh Talwar provided the couple – he was the mainstay of the entire defense strategy, the chief-of-staff as the family soldiered on
- The focus and perseverance of defense attorney Tanveer Ahmed Mir – without whose leadership, the Talwars’ case may not have been made in the Allahabad High Court
- The brutally honest story-telling of Avirook Sen in his Book Aarushi and of Vishal Bharadwaj and Meghna Gulzar in their film Talvar
- The stoicism of the Chitnis couple, Nupur’s parents, as the family went through these harrowing 9 years
- That, no matter what, the truth ultimately prevails…and justice is always done
- How small, and petty, our own challenges are when we look beyond ourselves and around us
- Why we must always be grateful for what we have instead of complaining about what we don’t have
- The learning we must all take away: whatever happens, face Life!
- The Gulzar-RD Burman-Kishore-da genius: Musafir Hoon Yaroon…Bas Chalte Jaana Hai…